I/my son/daughter, as appropriate, , wish(es) to take part in the ODECS activity and having read the programme, agree to my/his/her participation in all activities described and to be given First Aid or urgent medical treatment during any training event or expedition.
I fully understand that it is expected that I/myson/daughter will attend the activity on the dates shown.
I have ensured that I/my son/daughter understands that it is important for my/his/her safety and for the safety of the group that any rules and any instructions given by the volunteers are to be obeyed.
Open DofE Centres in West Sussex (ODECS) expects that participants will treat the centre and volunteers with respect. as we do with the participants who attend the Duke of Edinburgh's Award sessions.
It is not up to the ODECS volunteers who have trained the participants to assess the expedition section of the Award. Each expedition has an independent assessor, who has not been involved in their training. The assessor will decide if you/your son/daughter has met the required standards to pass the expedition section of their Award.
I understand that, while the ODECS volunteers and helpers in charge of the party will take all reasonable care of the participants and, unless they are negligent, they cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered by the participants arising during or out of the activity, including journeys to and from the venue.
I /my son/daughter :
- do not have/will not attend if I have a high temperature.
- do not have/will not attend if I have a new, continuous cough.
- do not have/will not attend if I have loss or change to my sense of smell or taste.
- will not attend if I/son/daughter are having to self-isolate due to coming into contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms
- will not attend if someone from my/our household has COVID-19 symptoms or is having to self-isolate.
- will not attend if I/he/she has had a positive test in the 10 days prior to the activity.
I understand contact details provided will be passed to NHS track & trace if any attendee on the activity has a positive test within 21 days of the end of the activity.
I understand that there are levels of risk of contracting COVID-19 by attending this activity, and that Open DofE Centres in West Sussex have taken appropriate steps to assess and manage these risks.
I, the named Parent or Carer, or Participant if over 18, understand that by clicking the "I agree" box, I give consent for the participant to take part in the activity specified &/or I agree to purchase the products or services selected.